There are still FREE things in this world, even in a first world country like South Korea.
Believe me when I say it's free and not for a fee!
Here are some of the activities I tried when I visited Seoul and yes, it's for free. :-)
Check these 5 things you shouldn't miss when you visit Seoul
1. Wear the tradional Korean costume (Hanbok) without spending a single won. Just visit the tourism office at M Plaza in Myeondong and the friendly staff will be happy to assist you. They will give you several options and when when the size fits you, they can even dress you like royalty! You have atleast 15minutes to take your photos (selfies!!!) with different backgrounds.
2. Watch the exchange of guard ritual and cultural performance at the Gyeongbokgung Palace. You don't have to pay for the entrance fee just to see this. Even at the gate, you can witness this ritual and listen to the narration.
3. Once your in the palace grounds, don't miss the chance to wear the Palace Guard Uniforms! Every hour, before and after the exchange of guards ritual, you can proceed to the "hanok" near the main gate and try on the palace guard uniform for free! You will have a few minutes to take your picture with Gyeongbokgung Palace as your background. Just make sure to line up early or you will have to wait for another hour.
4. If ever you visit the N Seoul Tower and its famous Love Lock Garden, don't forget to check the free cultural cultural performances too in the middle of Namsan Hill. These includes traditional martial arts, instruments and dances.
5. So you thought you'll be bored at the airport while waiting for your flight?! Just proceed to the Korean Traditional Experience Center and you'll have the time of your life. You can choose from their different activities like tradtional Korean painting, fan making, and other interesting things to do all for FREE!!! I personally like this because it doesn't only gave me a new cultural experience but it also saved me thousands because I got distracted and forgot to shop around the airport. haha :-p
So when you visit Korea, don't miss these activities and let me know about your experiences too!!!
BONUS: If you happen to visit Seoul City Hall, just proceed to the ground floor and play with their musical stairs. Have fun creating your own music as you step or climb on the stairs. I tried playing the basic DO-RE-MI but for sure you can do better! ;-)
#ThursdayTravel #TravelTalk #ThrowbackThursday