Today, I was browsing my draft when I saw this piece which I felt is very appropriate for what I promised myself to do --- starting over again, starting today...
I remember watching the romantic drama movie "Starting Over Again" sometime in 2014 and I wrote some notes while crying inside the cinema which I never get to publish so now that I'm in a moving on phase, I think it's timely that I share what I've learned from that chick flick. May this also serve as a reminder to everyone who's restarting their life after a failed relationship.
1. Chances and Encounters. There are moments in our lives that we keep asking a lot of WHYs? It could be fate or destiny. I guess in love, sometimes we just have to stop looking for answer and accept whatever happened.
2. Communicate and express your fears to your partner.
3. You make painful decisions.
4. Don't wait for _________ (I honestly forgot what I was supposed to write here so I think I'll just watch the movie again and update this post.)
5. Starting over again sometimes doesn't mean the two of you will be back together. Starting over again means you have to be on your own, he needs to be on his own and both of you are starting over again in different direction.
7. How do I unlove you? Now this was the tricky question in the movie. We have different coping mechanisms but I like the way the movie gave an answer to this question...I can totally relate to this line saying that "Sometimes you don't really stop loving a person. You just learn how to love him/her in a different way."
8. Time heals everything. You need time to forgive yourself. You need time to grow.
I hope you learn to love with no fear.